The Women's Fund of Central New York awards grants to organizations, programs and groups that directly support women and/or girls in Onondaga, Cayuga, Madison and/or Oswego counties in Central New York. Available grant funds vary each year and are dependent upon contributions and the endowment performance. Last year, the Women’s Fund distributed more than $30,000 to programs and organizations focused on women and girls. Grants applications are accepted for requests up to $10,000. Grant applications are accepted until June 15 for the following cycle. Official grant awards are announced in July.
- Applications will be accepted from any not-for-profit organization determined as tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the US Internal Revenue Code (IRS) that provides services in Onondaga, Cayuga, Madison and/or Oswego counties. If the IRS does not recognize your organization as a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization, you must submit written approval from the 501(c)(3) sponsor that has agreed to act as your fiscal agent for the grant.
- Former applicants and grant recipients may apply for funding. Organizations that have received grant support from the Women's Fund are eligible to apply in the current cycle only if they have completed the program previously funded by the Women's Fund.
- Applications should be submitted electronically. We encourage applicants to verify the receipt of the grant submission by the Women’s Fund. The Women’s Fund is not responsible for any application submitted electronically, but not received by the deadline due to any Internet mishap.
- Awarded programs must commence within the award year.
- Grantees must mention the Women’s Fund as a funding source on all publicity or promotion materials designed for the program.
The Women's Fund of Central New York seeks to improve the lives of women and girls, serve as a voice and advocate for women and girls, educate women about philanthropy, and engage women in creating change through collective and targeted giving.
The Women’s Fund of Central New York supports, empowers and recognizes the advancement and full participation of women and girls in Central New York through an endowment fund, grants and initiatives.
Making an Impact.
View the 2014-2015 Annual Report